Monday, September 17, 2012

Urban Decay- Smoked Palette








Here's my attempt at the "smoldering" look from the look book!


 Ever since I started wearing makeup (about 8 years now) the ONE trick I have had trouble mastering is the "smokey eye."  I always end up looking like I have a BLACK EYE instead.  So, imagine my intrigue when Urban Decay came out with this palette!  I'm happy to say that this is perhaps one of my TOP TEN purchases of 2012 so far.  The shadows are smooth and have outstanding pigment (typical, of course, for UD) and the range of "smokey eye" looks is spectacular. The BEST thing about this palette? The "how-to" book it includes.  I tried one of the looks already and think it was pretty successful:)  I will post more as I give other looks a shot.
The palette comes with 10 shadows PLUS the infamous Perversion eyeliner (THE blackest black I've ever seen in pencil form) AAAAND a travel-sized tube of the UD Primer Potion (can't have too many of those!).  The retail price is $49 and, considering the amount and quality of what you get, it's SO worth it!

Top: Kinky, Lifestyle, Mushroom, Backdoor, Blackout
Center: Perversion swatch
Bottom: Barlust, Rockstar, Evidence, Loaded, Asphalt
(Natural Light)
Top: Kinky, Lifestyle, Mushroom, Backdoor, Blackout

Center: Perversion swatch
Bottom: Barlust, Rockstar, Evidence, Loaded, Asphalt
(With flash)
More pics after the break





The palette includes a "look book"…I tried the "Smoldering" look









No comments:

Post a Comment