Thursday, May 19, 2011

"Cheap Thrills": CoverGirl Clean Pressed Powder, Oil Control


I call this post "Cheap Thrills" because occasionally I come across a thrilling drugstore-brand item that works wonders!  I have been through the gamut of pressed powders, translucent powders, loose powders, etc…all in search of a good oil-control powder that won't clog my pores and leaves me looking natural (and not like I'm prepped for burial!).  I came across this CoverGirl Clean Pressed Powder, Oil Control.

Aside from the cool pricetag of only $4.59 at Target, this is by FAR the BEST powder I've come across in a while.  I bought the Soft Honey color.  For me, it's worked just as well as (if not better than) MAC's Blot Powder.  Don't believe me? The proof is in the pictures (warning: GREASY, end-of-the-day face coming up):



As you can see, it makes a HUGE difference!  The lasting power for me is about 5 1/2-6 hours, which is amazing for my oily T-zone.  

As I've gotten more and more into makeup, I've begun to lean toward the higher end products…this little thrill brought me back down to Earth and reminded me that the pricetag doesn't always dictate the true VALUE of a product;)

Product info:
-non comedogenic (won't clog pores)
-nonacnegenic

-fragrance- and oil-free




(face at the end of the day…eww!)
(whew! after a quick pat-down with the powder:)



(a swatch on the left, blended in on the right)


No comments:

Post a Comment